Staying safe on ice, especially in winter conditions, involves being cautious and prepared.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid slipping on ice:
- Wear well-fitted shoes with good traction
- Walk like a penguin: Walk slowly, take small steps, keep your feet pointed slightly outwards
- Keep your chest up, don’t lean forward
- Keep your hands out of your pockets
- Don’t text or talk on your phone and walk at the same time
- Use handrails on stairs and ramps
- Don’t carry heavy things (instead, use a backpack)
- Find indoor spaces (like a mall) to get your steps in
To learn more, read the full article below.