What are flexible spending and health savings accounts?
Both Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are savings accounts for U.S. taxpayers that offer tax advantages for healthcare-related expenses. This could include Wellen.
If your doctor recommends exercise for your osteoporosis or osteopenia, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may allow you to use funds from your pre-tax accounts such as your FSA or HSA to pay for Wellen.
How do I use my FSA/HSA to pay for Wellen?
- Ask your doctor for a letter of medical necessity that recommends Wellen for osteoporosis or osteopenia.
- Purchase a Wellen subscription—we recommend an annual subscription to simplify the reimbursement process.
- Print your subscription receipt (payment history), which is sent to your email when you join or can be found on your My Account page (photo below).
- Submit the letter of medical necessity and receipt to your FSA/HSA provider to be reimbursed.
- Note: You do not need to give Wellen a letter of medical necessity—it is only for your records.